Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Peeps have landed



I didn't exactly plan to buy more chickens, but there they were, looking all cute & fluffy... Being totally unprepared, I had to put them in a box, with a jar of hot water to keep them warm, until I could set-up their little house. They loved that jar so much, they were pushing against it with all their strength. We have a little chicken house, that we use indoors to start chicks & move it outside when the babies are ready. My husband built it with a removable roof. So, when it's indoors, we put a chicken- wire frame on the top & add the roof later.


Once the peeps were moved into their now home, I opened the door & our border collie sat right down to keep watch over his new flock. Once I got the wire top on, the cat took his turn babysitting.

No comments: